The campaign to build a better future after lockdown is in full swing, but we believe that too many voices are not being heard in this debate.
That's why we have set up the People's Powerhouse Recovery Coalition, with the aim of amplifying the voices of those who have not been heard in the debate about our future across the North post-lockdown and to make sure that their hopes and concerns are central to the national discussion.
After listening to over 500 people from villages, towns and cities across the North, we developed these 7 People’s Principles for the Recovery, these are:
- A fairer and more equal country.
- Take care of our environment.A bigger say and more power for local communities.
- More investment and support for local businesses, services and communities.
- Spend more time with our loved ones
- Keep our communities safe and healthy.
- Keep our community spirit.
Watch northerners talk about why these principles are important to them in the video.